Home » Service

Service

Achieving the Dream

Kingsborough is a Leader College of Distinction in Achieving the Dream, a nationwide network of institutions dedicated to data-driven improvements at community colleges. Since 2015 I’ve been a member of our school’s Data and Technology Team for Achieving the Dream.

Program Assessment

Also since 2015 I’ve led program assessment for the A.S. Mathematics degree, including coordinating common questions across terminal course final exams, alumni surveys, compiling and analyzing data across semesters, distributing reports, and making recommendations for future improvements.

Online Training

In 2020 I led our department’s efforts in training all faculty for online teaching in the COVID-19 emergency, and serve as lead reviewer for our department’s online certification process.

STEM Faculty Interest Group

From 2015-2018 I served as co-facilitator for the STEM Faculty Interest Group, “Strategies for Success”, via the Kingsborough Center for Teaching and Learning.

Automatic Algebra

I developed Automatic Algebra, a website with timed practice quizzes for basic skills in a variety of courses.